Sunday, April 4, 2010

Intro

Just a short introductory statement (I'll try not to be tiresome):

I mean this blog to be a place where I can post my poetry, a chance to let others take a look at the world through my eyes, perhaps gaining some exposure to the public (that's you) in the process. That means, of course, that I appreciate any comments you deign to leave me. I'll try to update at least every week, so check back often! God bless.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.


I went flying on a plane recently, and as we started to taxi down the take-off strip I got an idea for a poem.

Flying

We hurtle towards a wall of clouds,
Pretending to be substantial.
Accelerate,
Then leap and roar,
And venture forth into the sky.
Bumping shoulders with a flock of currents,
Soon we level,
The clouds' fortation conquered,
Now below us,
As we soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment