Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How You Are Everything

By the way, I feel like I should apologize about not writing sooner, though at this point in time this apology is directed mainly at myself. Be that as it may, I had a case of Writer's Block, and seemed to be unable to write anything of worth. Then these two poems happened, and so we'll see where I go from here.


The ocean pretends to have
Given your eyes its own shade,
But Neptune can't show
Their sweet smile.
My coffee, meanwhile,
Attempts a rude farce
Of your hair.
But nothing shares quite the same lustre.
A girl there walks somewhat like you,
One flicks her hair quite like you do,
One sneezes like you.
And there, the audacity!
A sweater like yours
Is shown off by another,
The green one you wore on that night
At the beach.
We made castles by moonlight,
Raced waves by the moonlight,
Kissed once by the moonlight.
You see now, that
Everything's you when you're gone.
I see you in all
While yet nothing is you.
For nothing is you except you.

1 comment: