Saturday, September 4, 2010

How Would I Love You?

I realize that my absence has been long, and I will no more attempt to excuse myself than I will attempt to fly. I will merely pick up more or less where I left off, and try to continue posting with the frequency I desire.


My Darling, Dear,
I won't try lines to win you over,
Unbegotten words from wits as dull and slow
As tar.
Instead, I'll tell you what I'd do
If you were mine
And let you figure out,
Think for yourself,
Whether the chance would be
Worthwhile,
To put yourself inside these arms.
Now what would I do, if you were mine?
I'd wrap you up in love so deep
The sea would look and keep on looking down.
I'd dance with you a dance so sweet
The room would stop and watch and weep.
I'd kiss you strong and clear and tender
As the morning light,
And the sun himself would blush and hide
Behind a cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment